Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rocky and Dion

Saturday was the day I told my friend Rocky Oneil goodby. I saw him in the Lander hospital about a month ago, and thanked him for saving my life once with a bottle of wine. I was so hung over-back in my drinking day, and working a roping. Raock and Pat and the kids came, and when he saw how sick he was he quickly returned with a bottle of wine-hair of the dog-and the day went from bad to wonderful. That is the only time I ever tried hair of the dog-and I am so glad that I outgrew stuff like that-but it sure did fix me up that morning. ROack and Pat and I have been freinds for years and years-raised our kids together and cussed and cried together. Pat is strong, and she is so blessed with the most beautiful grandchildren in the world. My heart breaks for her as she loved ROcky so much, and knew that he loved her, but she will be okay. I miss Rasty so much when I need a shoulder to cry on-I think that is the hardest part. I have had to tell some good friends goodby since Rasty has been gone, and it is so hard.

Dion called yesterday and we talked for over an hour. The kids are doing so well, and Dion is, and always will be a son to me. Trey will be home for Christmas and is doing okay at West Point-of course he is finding it so much harder that high school but he hads the brain powder to do it and the support of great folks too. I cried when he told me that he thought I was the perfect granny to his kids. I love them all.

No comments: