Friday, September 26, 2008

New things

The sad news is that my partner is suffering side effects from his antipsychotic drugs-he is starting to use involuntary movements of the mouth, licking his chops and babbling-so very hard to see. It is just starting and I checked with the on duty nurse, perhaps the meds can be changed-perhaps not. I hate it, and I hate it and I hate it. His appetite is still excellent-he has put on some weight but that is the only good report. THe good thing is that he no longer cares what goes on around him, paying no attention to what, where, who or how he is. That seems to say that in a strange way the disease gets kinder at some point. He is in no pain, that is a good thing. If he was in pain, he would not know it. Perhaps that is a good thing too. It makes me tired, very tired.

Someone became interested in the insurance for the place, 7 months after my policy had been canceled due to nonpayment and I picked it up for $1400. THe $7 per acre offer seems to be paying off with the beans-great.

Texas woke up and called-what a surprise. She asked how I was and I said better- did she wonder if I was sick? But thankfully I am much better and almost back to where I was a long time ago. Sadly, my giveadamn is still basically broke.

I need to get to the mountains again, or to the rim. Perhaps this weekend.

No comments: