Monday, May 19, 2008

Heard a song

Jumped out of bed in good shape this morning-being too tired to do anything alse after we got the sheep done yesterday. As I was making my coffee a new song came on the radio- "Blood is thicker than water, Love is thicker than blood". How true that is for me as I am so blessed to have the friends that I do. What a wonderful bunch of folks, little and BIG, young and not so young, all helping an any way they could and laughing and working together. The shearers immediately brightened up when they saw my adopted daughter, she is Arapaho, just knowing she was the love of their lives. Their command of the English language got so much better as well, with lots of smiles and grins thrown in. They wouldn't have believed that those great big boys in the barn with them were her sons-and she forgot to tell them. She is so tired of the rigors of education, and I told her it was her chance to see the world and travel, but she was on her way to WIES this morning again with a new enthusiasm. What dear sweet boys the shearers were, trying their best to get by on what they could-glad that we got the time to let them feel welcome. My friends, my wonderful friends were so great, I had to look for a job because all the working spots were filled. And what a joy the kids were, Isiah so unsure of himself and trying to be himself, and Woordow-who darn well knows who he is and loves beig who he is. Rachael is so enjoyable in her presence, a traditional Navajo if there ever was one-a stunning beauty like an old portrait. Mia is 300 pounds of smile makes him a gentle Ben-always there for me. Lynda is a powerhouse, making my ideas of life as it is much closer to reality. She if stuffed with kindness and acceptance, always able to get a job done. Skip is just happpy-like the dwarfs, he is the happy dwarf-and the busy dwarf. Loves to do embroidery when not busy with other things, and does it well! HOllis is just smooth-one of those guys who only has good clothes, no chore clothes. He can be in the middle of a pig pen with his good clothes on, get the piglets all cared for, and leave the pig pen without a drop of pig pooh on him. How does he do it? Always on top of the jobs to be done, never with a wrinkle in his shirt! Hollis enjoyed the kids-loved Woodrow and thank heavens, is always ready to help me. THen there is Steve, my firend Steve. He is the only one I know that can completely sum up an entire situation with one sentence and be right on task. He can also take a photo that can sum up a situation with one shot! He is an educator, and always teaches me something about life with his presence. His wisdom is great, his cheerfulness is abouding and his friendship is so appreciated. He sees the goodness in everyone-is as kind to the shearers as he is to the Florida rich guys. Thanks Steve, for being you.

So here I am, with only one blood relative within 1200 miles-singing "Blood is thicker than water, love is thicker than blood.". Thank you GOd!

No comments: