Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Huge Reward

There are diamond days and there are stone days, and I had a diamond day. I dutifully go to the nursing home, looking to see if my partner is "home". He isn't, but I make him listen to all the news on the home front-the sheep, the beans, the friends and the kids anyway. The staff is so good to me, they are my new social life and I value them greatly. This weekend I trotted in to find my partner just getting set at the dinner table. The sweet c n a's said- "here is your wife. Can you give her a kiss? Do you love her?" The biggest grin came over his face, and he gave me a smooch and said "Yes! I always did!" He never would have said anything like that back when he was "home" but it was such a joy and all of us were crying. Thanks my love. It was nice. I always did too.

While the outside remains too big and too remote, the inside is slowly getting taken care of. Not much progress or much hurry, but basically my giveadamn is broke.

On the good news front, Sun Dance is beginning and I am going-my superhero family, the Redman family gave the invite and I am ready.

The Belarus small tractor is going tomorrow to a nice guy in Evanston. The tires are getting burned off it today cultivating beans. We were so proud when we got it and had so many things to do with it-none got done but maybe it's new owner will get lots done and enjoy it. I hope so.

Got some fair entries in yesterday-beadwork and wool-it is always fun to see what everyone comes up with and will help my sales if I snag a ribbon or two. I made a shawl for fair and used Ben Franklin yarn for it but did some fancy stitches. I got ready to enter it and found that it had to be made of 60% natural fibre-this was all acrylic-oops. My yarn isn't here from the mill yet-rats! It is okay- Shelly's new grand baby will need it so it's off in the mail.

No comments: