Saturday, December 1, 2007

winter

The season when the bear sleeps is here. The wind is blowing and there is snow-clean white snow blowing around. I just got my sheep in-had to walk a bit so they could hear me as they were working the ditch banks and out of the wind-they looked happy but I was worried about the coyotes. They finally heard me and came a running-I love them. They smelled so very good-wet wool-oh yes! I love that smell. Smells a lot like the house during lambing. I called Janet this morning and had her keep Rasty on the phone long enough for me to do my chores, and he slept as I called the sheep in. Somebody is looking out for me. I tried to get him shaved and bought some neat new foamy soap-a little goes a long way. I didn't know that and really had him soaped up! He said it pulled, so I changed blades and went at it again. He cussed awhile and I just quit. Made him wash all that soap off his face himself and now he is all shaved except for his chin, neck and nose. May have to start a new style for winter. Some things are just hard.

No one has called-perhaps we'll call someone after awhile. For now I have the sidewalks brushed off and Lonesome Dove is playing and the house is nice and warm. I feel sorry for those people who were having craft fairs today as I bet the turnout was not good. I sold an ebay item while I was still listing-a first for me. It paid my listing fees anyway. I'll call Texas and hear a weather report there. Yes!

No comments: