Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Day I have been looking for

Today is the day I have been looking for. I felt good all day-even loaded 10 bales of hay on the truck without hurting. Me and advil have become best firends, bot today was a good one. I'll take my advil before bed tonight, just in case, but it felt good today to be doing things. I discovered I had unplugged the phone, so I called the nursing home to be sure all was well and they said yes-my partner didn't get to sleep till 1:00 a.m., so he was tired but well today. That was all I needed to decide to stay home and get with things here. I worked on my porki's and did a few minor chores in the house. My little yearling churro, Bella's daughter lambed for me-I've been watching her but with all that wool no bag was visible. I went to the barn to chore early tonight and there she was, just as happy as could be. Mom , uncle and Granny all checked out the baby and she jugged with no problem-trid to suckle the lamb, who is sooo tiny, but pretty sure she had already been there. How I love sheep. Today I watched the mama llama just kissing a little black lamb-and m.l. came to see the new baby too. Mary is so good at keeping Shy out of the corrall-I think she will be excellent at guarding too.

Mia and Hollis will load some of Guy's third cutting from the field for me on Monday-a gift I guess and the sheep will be pleased. Tonight I'll try to set up shearing for March .

Tomorrow I better go to town and check things out again- but my girlfriend is off on a visit so I'll skip dinner. Lynda and Polly went to look at a horse today-I am so afraid that Polly will get herself in a wreck-couldn't stand that, but she is determined so I hope it all works out for her.

Jenny called last night and told me the whole story about her broken leg, still wearing a rod, screws and a plate in her leg-I could hardly stand for her to tell me about it. But she rides every day in good weather, and remains determined.

Got the nicest package from a dear friend in Montana, a candle, some Montana blend coffee, homemade lavender soap and a candle, also a Sheep magazine. She said, take a long hot bath, brew some coffee, light the candle and look at the magazine! How Sweet.

No comments: