Wednesday, February 6, 2008

THe Wine

What a fine evening- the Irish Catholic nun in the neighborhood invited me to "Fat Tuesday" dinner-a real treat. She is a dear who deserves so much more than the parrish she has-we have been friends for years and the evening was so enjoyable. We discussed everything and nearly everyone over a bottle of the best wine-going home the cops were at the service station-I put both hands on the steering wheel and looked straight ahead-thinking-if they stop me I'll just mumble I went to communion!

Friend Norma went to Ft.Collins for a few days and got home today. She had a great time but was glad to get home-we celebrated with lunch as I missed her! I told her I wondered if they threw her in jail as she was going to come home Monday. She needed the break!

Went to visit my partner, brought him new pictures of the grandbabies in Texas, which he took a bite of. One of our favorite care givers had her arm in a sling-explaining to me that Rasty had twisted her arm and separated her muscle at the shoulder. SHe, in her pain, was forgiving and kind even then. SHe called for the male helper to work with him though. He never acknowledged my being there or spoke anything. THey said he refused lunch and decided not to push it-good idea. After I got home someone called while I was doing chores and said he had hit one of the residents with something-but all was calm now. The deterioration is tremendous in the past month, with weight loss as well. Dehydration was apparent today but I let everything slide as I pitied everyone there greatly. THey are masters at what they do, and their knowledge is so much more than all the books that I've read contain-we talked at length about the disease and how it manifests itself.

THe wind came up while I waas in town and covered the road with sheet ice all the way home, the sheep had put themselves in the barn and the llamas were right behind them. How I love the barn, and the man who built it. I will turn loose of that man, because I love him and I'll give to someone greater than I am what is left.

What to give up for Lent? Perhaps cussing would be good. WE'll see!

No comments: