Monday, November 12, 2007

And these few precious hours

A beautiful day-chilly this morning-I broke the ice on the water before I let the sheep out for the day. Partner was up with a smile on and so he helped with chores, got a shave and is napping. Yesterday was fun-kids came to steal wood but no time to visit, but that was okay as Steve came to retrieve his wonderful hat and helped us with the Oriental Palace left overs. He got tickeled at Rasty's newly acquired table manners- but we had a good visit. We always have a good visit as he knows how to get a laugh and a smile out of Rasty! Later that afternoon our deck builders showed up to measure and recalculate the new placement of the ramp. They visited and stayed for supper and helped me get the dreaded pill down partners gullet. My ebay has taken off, with good sales and encouraging emails from lookers. First born emailed to say how busy she has been with work and of course church and Halloween, but perhaps Wednesday---I advised her that I quite understood as I had juggeled schedules with work, family, husband and life for all the years I was luckily enough to have my father. Neglected to add the band of sheep and bum lambs but I think she got the picture. I then advised her that we were, however busy on Wednesday. My father would say that I had a long tongue and sharp nails. probably so. It is their loss as there are few precious hours and perhaps I don't want to share with those who are not worthy. At this point it is my choice.

No comments: