Saturday, November 3, 2007

a little more time

A good day-each day that is good is so enjoyable-managed a short ride-to the Fort and home with a good look at those mountains on the way up. I am thankful to have a friendly market so close, and we always manage to see a smile or two from an old friend there-we didn't really need groceries, just the ride. Guy, Janet and Hollis came to visit, and Hollis gave me his washer and dryer, and even installed them and hauled the old away for me. Talk about brownie points---He is good to me and so good to his Grandad. I must find a way to spoil him. He comes over to visit occasionally and brings a little sunshine when he does. Watched the cria play with the pigeons-she and the lambs haven't really visited much-they are a "gang" and don't really race around the corral like she does-perhaps when they get a little older they will. SHy made a run for her this morning, and mama llama ran her out of the corral then ran to me, as I was still at the barn door, wanting in the barn. I cought Shy and tied her up-this is the first morning that I let Shy have the opportunity to be bad and she was. Rasty had a pretty good day, making it through the activity pretty well and not stressing at all. I had to show him where the bathroom was each time today-he gets like a puppy-very nervous-then goes to the door and I ask him, and then I show him and all is well. I can do it. He called me by name once this week, and the only children he mentioned by name were Guy and Ronnie. Each night he talked about going home, but was satisfied when I told him we would stay here tonight. He no longer misses Elllen at night-for which I am relieved as that was a rough one. He rearranges the furniture but doesn't hide things quite as much as he used to. THis morning he got dressed all by himself and did a good job. He hasn't tried to start the truck or the car for over a week, but can't open and close the front gate without help anymore. THe bad days still have a not wuite so bad days to follow it-makes things a little easier. It is good we can still go outside for walks and chores-we both enjoy that. One day at a time.

No comments: