Friday, November 2, 2007

leaps and bounds

It is leaps and bounds, but they are backwards. We are no longer socially appropriate. THe cat is furious-at first I thought the cat box was leaking-it is more than he can handle. Poor old cat. We did get out for a ride yesterday- just a beautiful day with high Wyoming skies and nice cool, but not cold air. Off to Lander for sweet feed for the animals and dog food, a trip to the library and then to McDonalds. We got shakes there, and my poor partner would put the straw in his mouth and tip the cup up at the same time. Luckily, the shakes were chocolate, and he had his brown vest on. THe highlight of the trip for me was the Ethete post office, where I saw so many smiles and got so many hugs. I had hoped to take Rasty there for Haloween as the toddlers come trick or treating, but it was too foggy. When we got home he hurried to fill a bucket with sand that he raked up from under a tractor-he was furious with me and I'm still not sure what he wanted. First born child called to see if I wanted her to come over this week one evening-she teaches school and comes from 5-6;30. I told her that was nice of her, but it was chore and dinner time so made it difficult for me to do anything then anyway and suggested she try Saturday-met with silence. I told her Ijust needed to get to the feed store, but instead we got it done today-no need to worry. Guy, Janet and Hollis came Halloween with sugar cookies and smiles and visits. THe boys are fencing off the silage pit getting ready for the cows to come home. The ramp crew is supposed to be here this weekend-if they come it should be fun. Had a good visit with Jenny-she pledges suppport. Poor Katie is in trouble, she got a B in spelling-told Jenny to lighten up. She sometimes sounds like my mother-I spend so much money and time on private school and she gets a B???? I remind Jenny that she took dumbell spelling at Casper College. I also reminded Jenny of her teacher who said she expected perfection and knew that she was perfect. I think she lightened up. Sometimes I wish I could try at being a parent one more time, but them I sober up.

THe sheep are being perfect, and Rasty does enjoy watching the cria play during the day. Her weakness is corn-she now lets me scratch her back-quickly-very quickly! I love her, and I told Katie she was softer than a teddy bear-"thats pretty soft" she said. Kaycee told me she was "fantastic".

No comments: