Saturday, November 24, 2007

move on

We made it through Thanksgiving. Son Pat showed up yesterday-first time since Labor Day, and stayed about 30 minutes. He broke down for awhile, I told him to stay strong and gave him a hug. Surprisingly he didn't ask about the horses-I was glad. Polly came with the best leftovers-really made us a great bunch of plates, olives, cranberries, pie, cheese, sweet potatoes and of course turkey- even a drumstick. Janet had to help me early in the morning Thanksgiving as Rasty headed off east "going home"-that devil can move fast when he is moved. That shuffle is a running walk-like one does when falling forward, and it covers the ground. I fortunately had him headed back in the right direction by the time she got here. That was during the better part of the day-it was hell all day for the last two days. Tonight I got him onto the bed-not into-and he refused to undress or take his glasses off. I don't care-I am tired-so tired and I don't care. Janet and Guy came over this morning and he was prince charming-that even makes me madder. I am reading ELDER RAGE-Someone take my father-and the author makes light of the tough stuff but at least I know there is someone else who understands the Jekyll-Hyde thing. I was sure I had two wolves in the field east of the house early this morning, Hollis said they were coyotes though-they put the run on Moses. They were huge-when I first saw them I thought they were deer, very dark, and didn't move like coyotes. I'll keep watch, and the sheep have been staying up by the house-now I know why. They could have also been the remnants of the dog pack that killed Pete. Hollis assured me the "we'll get um". I love Hollis.

Perhaps tonight rest will come. It is full moon and that's not a good sign, but I have all the windows covered. We'll try.

No comments: