Monday, November 12, 2007

Some time the best things just show up

I visited Lynda and Polly last night and they have a new dog-a guardian of the flock-they thought it belonged to a neighboring sheep outfit and it didn't-he's very skinny and very shy-but went right to work at the Drift Fence Sheep Company. Their llama is quite upset and has taken his place between the dog and the sheep. They wanted to give me the dog, if it can be caught, but I think this fellow knows where his home is, and he is there. SO often in life the best things just show up. My dear adopted daughter is like that-she adopted me years ago when she showed up at the "little blue house" at Arapahoe. She has spent so much of her life filling my life with joy. Shelly just showed up one day and has been a wonderful part of my life ever since. We don't always know what we need in our lives, but there is a bigger plan. Bad things also just show up, but for a reason, to teach us. Every thing that comes to us has a lesson for us, if we only take the time to listen. The moral of the story is never , never overlook those things that come your way. Things that are not the establishment are often intriguing, invigorating and fulfilling. They also seem to be my favorite.

No comments: