Monday, October 29, 2007

new tricks

Each day presents new tricks- but we have had some splended days. Friday went so well, my partner was really good while we got the sheep sorted and sent to town. He stayed outside and nearby and acted interested for awhile. Guy and Hollis were super, even after I surprised them with great big juicy kisses for helping with the horses. Guy allowed as-not to worry-I've been kissed by lots worse-he really made me giggle. One thing I do know-when I need help with livestock I have the best help with livestock in the country-and I am blessed! The horses being gone gave me a chance to turn mama llama and Mary out into the corral-for which they were gleeful. I am hoping that the baby will form a bond with the triplets, but for now she knows that they are children of a lesser God. They are short and have no necks and are covered with short curly stuff-they can't run and kick and jump near as high and they cry for their mother all the time. Mary did eat rolled corn out of my hand-she nuzzeled my fingers oh so gently and I touched her neck oh so gently. DOn't know when I have enjoyed a little one as much as I enjoy her-and her mother is so kind and sweet-absolutely amazing animals. Sunday brought a visit with friend Steve, for whom I am ever thankful. He was recharged from his trip and always a great story teller-he brought dinner that will do for the rest of the week. He is a hero! Rasty did some new tricks while Steve was here, but saved the best for this morning when he put a paper napkin on top of his hot cake, poured syrip on top and began to eat. Another new thing is rearranging the furniture-raiding the drawers has diminished. He has begun to interact with the television-I seldom have it on now when he is up but he doesn't understand that the action is not happening in the living room-only on the television. I am continually amazed by the many ways in which this disease manifests itself-even more frightened and horrified at what it does to a brain. The biggest saving grace is-the smile is still there-one has to look for it and pull it out sometimes, but it is there. That is the blessing.

No comments: