Saturday, October 20, 2007

that other season

Fast now it is becoming winter. The leaves have flown off the trees on the river, taking all the color with them. I have locks on the outside doors now so my partner can't sneak outside at night-that is good. Made me rest much better last night. He hasn't noticed yet, and even the installation went unnoticed-except he used it as his last chance to escape. Yesterday morning he managed to put his legs into his shirt sleeves-came out with the cuffs buttoned around his ankles holding the collar up to his waist. I don't think I could do that, but he was having difficulty walking very fast. He is very calm today, even with a rain/snow storm raging outside. I am thankful. First born child came yesterday evening for about 2 hours-he enjoyed it and I did too. I took a nap-a much needed nap. I am trying to be happy today, but I get so lonesome for my dad-the one who I could really really visit with-my cousin called and he has actually no one but a sister. He is working on developing a social life and has joined Rotary in Medford. We talk about lonesome together sometimes-he is a good man and probably was too good for any woman. He is a gentle sort, we must become closer in our later years. We can comisserate.

No comments: